The CITR 2 In-Tank Refugium or “Safe House” is designed to deliver several features and benefits that would help any aquarium. Some of these benefits include improving filtration by growing and harvesting macroalgae and providing better food options for the aquarium by cultivating small organisms like copepods and amphipods. The CITR 2 can also function as a protected area for newly added fish or invertebrates to acclimate in, and can help injured fish and corals regenerate damaged tissue without the need for a separate quarantine tank. The versatility, ease of use, and functionality provided by the CITR 2 will surely meet a wide variety of needs for many aquarists.
- Easy to set up in-tank refugium.
- Heavy duty suction cups.
- Improves filtration and reduces excess nutrients.
- Enhances live food sources for the aquarium.
- Provides additional protection for vulnerable livestock.
- Use with or without pump depends on existing tank circulation.
- Pump inlet holes are 3/8", 5/16" and 8.5 mm in diameter. They are already drilled so if you wish to add a pump in the future, it can be added easily.
DX model includes a circulation pump.
Small: 7 1/2" x 4 1/4" x 7 1/4"
Large: 12" x 6" x 8"